Colorful, delicious, and nutritious foods help keep our bodies and minds healthier, longer!
Below are five reasons to add fruit and vegetables to your daily diet
- Fruits and vegetables tend to be free of the bad things we are tempted to consume. Fruits and vegetables are usually free of sodium, trans fat, and saturated fat.
- Fruits and vegetables won’t weigh you down. They are low in calories and will fill you up since they contain fiber and water. This can help a lot with weight management.
- Fruits and vegetables provide many beneficial nutrients. If you add them to your diet, you will get a nutritional bower boost.
- Fruits and Vegetables in all forms — fresh, frozen, canned, or dried — can be part of a healthy diet. They are among the most versatile and affordable foods you can eat.
- A healthy diet, fortified with fruits and vegetables can lower your risk for serious chronic health conditions such as heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, and some cancers.
Fruits and Vegetables are essential to your everyday health!
Below is a quick visual guide to a colorful diet! Click on image to download PDF to print.