The rugged LIFEPAK® 1000 defibrillator is an easy-to-use automated external defibrillator (AED) designed for professional responders. A large, intuitive screen displays graphics and ECG readings that are clear and easy to read. The 1000 also features cprMAX™ Technology which minimizes CPR interruptions by allowing compressions to continue during AED charging. The LIFEPAK® 1000 defibrillator ensures you have the best equipment to fulfill the commitment you made when you decided to enter this field – to save lives.
- Customizable care for your patient
- Change settings to meet your protocol needs in the field
- Manual defibrillation (AED override) option is available
- ADAPTIV biphasic technology provides a full range of energy from 150 to 360 joules
- 3-lead ECG function available when needed
- Most rugged defibrillator ever built by Physio-Control,
- IP55 rating
- Semi-rigid carry case
- Visible and accessible battery gauge
- Large intuitive screen displays graphics and ECG readings
- Loud voice prompts for rescue guidance
- Upgradeable – future field therapies will build on the LIFEPAK 1000 defibrillation platform
- Compatible with other Physio-Control products and services
- Electrode pads from other Physio-Control devices interchangeable
- Save time during transfer of care from lay rescuer to EMS
- Non-rechargeable battery can deliver more than 425 shocks
The 1000 features our exclusive cprMAX technology, which gives you the flexibility to choose CPR settings that best accommodate your patient and CPR protocol requirements. The pre-shock CPR option allows adjustment of the CPR interval prior to the first shock, making the 1000 the only device that minimizes pre-shock pauses by allowing providers to continue compressions while the AED charges. Recently published clinical data shows a relationship between increased compression fraction and survival to hospital discharge, and the 2010 AHA Guidelines place a strong emphasis on high-quality CPR.1 With the LIFEPAK 1000, you have more control over the CPR you provide in lifesaving settings than ever before.
Built for the harshest environments, the LIFEPAK 1000 is the toughest, most durable AED from Physio-Control. The device itself withstands rigorous drop-testing from any angle and is enclosed in a highly protective case with bumpers. In addition, the 1000 has received an IP55 rating—the highest available AED rating signifying protection from external elements.
Like every LIFEPAK defibrillator from Physio-Control, the 1000 can escalate energy up to 360J. Studies show that for difficult-to-defibrillate patients, repeating 200Jshocks yields significantly lower VF termination rates.2,3 And the 2010 AHA Guidelines note that rescuers may consider using escalating energy up to 360J if initial shocks at a lower dose aren’t working.
The LIFEPAK 1000 is simple to use for any trained responder, but it also provides an easy, highly compatible transition to ALS care teams. The shock counter on the 1000 gives next level care teams insight into treatment provided. It has an available 3-lead ECG. And its electrodes are the same ones used on LIFEPAK ALS monitors—the brand of choice for more EMS teams across the country.